Tuesday, February 11, 2014

Thing 4-Keeping Up

I actually ended up trying both of these apps.  I was having trouble with Flipboard so decided to give Zite a whirl.  I ended up liking Flipboard better though so that is the one that I used more for experimenting for this post.  I'm not sure I will really use either of these at this point in time. I just don't have that many blogs that I follow on a regular basis.  I did add the two that I check out from time to time.  They are Rule Number One: A Library Blog  rulenumberoneblog.com and the ACRLog  Blogging by and for academic and research librarians  acrlog.org .  Since I only check these two on occasion it is just as easy for me to find them in my favorites on my computer.  I can see, if a person followed many different blogs, where Flipboard could come in handy because it would be a one stop shop for all of your blogs so to speak.  I also only have one social media site that I use.  If I used more I can see where Flipboard would be helpful to check all of them in the same spot rather than having to login to each site individually.

No comments:

Post a Comment