Wednesday, April 30, 2014

Thing 11-Library and Reference

None of the libraries in my area have a mobile app so I tried the Anoka County Library App.  I would love to have one of these available for my personal use at the public library.  I think it would be great tool for the students at the college that I work at.  Most of them have smart phones and those seem to be their preferred method of communication and conducting business so having an app where they can check their library accounts would be great.  The MNPals library consortium has developed a mobile interface for the OPAC for it's libraries.  I did try that out for this "thing" as well.  It was nice because it is a cleaner interface and loads much quicker than the regular one does on mobile devices. I'm not sure how much it gets used by my students but it's nice to have the option if someone wants to use it.

I also checked out the mobile ELM site.  When I typed elm4you,org into the address bar in Safari on iPad it didn't seem to look any different than on my desktop though so I was a bit confused.


No comments:

Post a Comment