Tuesday, April 8, 2014

Thing 8-Social Media Management Tools

I have to start out by saying that I only have 2 social media accounts and I only really use one of those so managing them really isn't a concern for me.  But, since the assignment is to try new things I chose a couple to play around with.  The first one I chose was Friendcaster.  I tried to use this app for about 2 minutes.  It didn't seem much different than my Facebook app and since it just shows your Facebook feed I didn't really see the point.
The second app I tried was Tweetcaster since the two accounts I do have are Facebook and Twitter.  I thought it could be kind of convenient to be able to post to both simultaneously.  It did work and I do like that there is the option of selecting one or both that you want the post to post on because sometimes I may not want it to show up on both.  I don't know that I will really use this much personally.  I did however see where it could be useful if I had Facebook and Twitter accounts for my Library because then I would only have to go to Tweetcaster and it would post whatever info I wanted to share in both places.

No comments:

Post a Comment