Wednesday, April 30, 2014

Thing 12-Books, Books & More Books

I tried several apps and was not completely happy with any of them.  The first one I tried was Wattpad.  It supposedly had a complete copy of John Green's The Fault in Our Stars that a user had uploaded from a different site that she found.  I really didn't think this was legal so wasn't too impressed that it was possible.  I didn't read it and I haven't read the real one so I wouldn't know if it was the actual book or not.  This app contained a lot of fan fiction which I knew nothing about until recently when I read Fangirl by Rainbow Rowell.  I wasn't  interested enough to look into any of the fan fiction that was posted on this app.  I personally don't see myself using this app but can see where teens and young adults might like it as a place to post their original material and connect with others.

Free Books was okay.  I found a lot of classics available.  I tend to read more contemporary items and have a list that feels like it is a mile long of  things to read so I probably won't be using this app either.  I will stick to my Kindle app and continue to check books out from my local public library because I can find the things I want to read and it is free  of charge to me.

I couldn't find iStoryBooks but I did find iStoryTime.  I didn't spend much time on here because all the books I saw cost money and I didn't want to pay for a book.  I can check children's books out through Overdrive at the public library and either download them to the Kindle app on the iPad or my daughter's Nook so I don't see myself using this app either.


No comments:

Post a Comment