Tuesday, May 13, 2014

Thing 16-Audio

For Thing 16 I tried a couple of the apps suggested.  First I tried SoundCloud.  I found some recordings of some old songs that were kind of fun to listen to.   Then I decided to try ipadio.  While it was very easy to make a recording with this app I found it very confusing to do anything else.  Then I read that you need to login to the ipadio website itself to do a lot with it.  I didn't do this as I really just wanted to use the app so I went back to SoundCloud and searched for "library", "college library" and "university library".  I found several items to choose from and listened to some of them.  The Amarillo Public Library had uploaded recordings of poetry readings to celebrate National Poetry Month.  I think this could work for poetry slams or open mike nights.  Balliol College Library had a self-guided library tour recorded that patrons could listen to.  I liked this ideas also.  As has been mentioned elsewhere, this could be used to record interviews or brief snipets about the library.  It could also be used to record booktalks that could be linked to an image of the book.

No comments:

Post a Comment