Tuesday, May 20, 2014

Thing 17-Connecting to Community

I found several apps to try for Thing 17.  My favorites were probable 511mn and the Duluth News Tribune app.  I use 511mn.org on the computer quite a bit in the winter to check on road conditions.  Since I wasn't checking the app during any bad winter weather, I couldn't tell if the colored road conditions would show up on the map or not.  I really hope they do because then this would be great. It is very helpful to have that information when planning routes.  It did show blockages, detours, etc which would be helpful for planning alternate routes as well.  I wanted to use the Explore MN app but ran into problems with it not opening pages.  I think I will just continue to use this on the computer or through the browser on the iPad.  The Duluth News Tribune app would be helpful in keeping up with the news from the Duluth area when I don't have access to the actual Duluth News Tribune paper.  The Hibbing Daily Tribune supposedly has an app as well but it did not work for me.


No comments:

Post a Comment